Taken to heart, Wisdom at Work reflects compassion.
Joel & Michelle Levey are honored to serve as faculty and board of advisors for the International Campaign for Compassionate Cities.
Dr. Joel and Michelle Levey’s topics include —
- Wisdom, Wellness, and Compassion at Work
- An Urban Compassion in Action Integration Retreat
- Ethics, Psychophysiology, and the Sacred
- Cultivating Our Capacity for Compassionate Action
- Reflecting on the Presence of Compassion in Our Lives and Work
- Bringing Compassion More Alive in Our Lives and Work
“A human being is a part of a whole, called by us ‘universe’, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest… a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is, in itself, a path of the liberation and a foundation for inner security.” ~ Albert Einstein